New effects for my new effects rack. I’ll take real pictures when I have them all mounted and hooked up yay I’m excited to use them soon yay
ps – We are playing a show tonight at Trabant at 7! $3 for the babies
I really enjoyed this post from Donald Miller‘s blog so i decided to re-post it. I hope it makes you think.
Is Church Life Stifling Your Creativity? (by Donald Miller)
When Solomon wrote Song of Songs, a dramatic opera about a young, poor woman who fell in love with a Shepherd king, do you think he had “the voice of the church” in his head? Do you think he was worried about what a group of people might think? Of course the evangelical church didn’t exist, then, and neither did the collective evangelical consciousness, but what I mean by that question is that if Solomon were writing today, and were writing an Opera for young kids about the ways of love, he would no doubt be attacked. My guess is the criticisms would be listed as such:
1. His opera does not mention God. Why wouldn’t he use this opportunity to bring people to God? He’s a Godless man.
2. His opera is erotic, filled with sexual imagery and even sexual instruction. It’s unfitting for any person to read, much less young couples.
3. It’s confusing. We don’t know where the acts begin. It isn’t structured. It’s amature.
4. He never mentions sex should be saved till marriage, so he must be endorsing pre-marital sex.
5. There seems to be no point to the work. If he’s trying to teach something, you can’t figure out what it is, and if he isn’t trying to teach something, what’s the point of reading it or listening to it as an opera?
And so on and so on.
Here’s the point of this blog post: There is a difference between what “the church” wants you to do and what God wants you to do. Do what God wants you to do. Go and create, even as you were made to create.
Yesterday was a fail. Much too busy with classes and work and meetings. Today is similar. After work we are mastering the final tracks of the cd!! It’s exciting. Hopefully I’ll get some writing done very late tonight, but recordings are doubtful. I only have a single class tomorrow though, so hopefully I will remain on track for FAWM yay ^.^
Day 2 of Utmost. Sanctification is a difficult challenge to Christians. It is a building block of faith, but is impossible to fully achieve. Humans are so very selfish. A lot most of my problems are caused by this fact.
c’est la vie/gra go deo/omnomnom
Black Friday deals ftw. $30. Now I just need to find something to drill.